Table of content
Opting healthy is the the only way to get rid of multiple diseases that you may suffer from. People often ask if healthy can also be tasty? My answer is ABSOLUTELY ! This is what i promise here every time . Every recipe available here is 100 % healthy and free from all type of harsh chemicals and preservatives. Not only this, but these recipes are eggless. My only aim is to present junk food and unhealthy food in way that they are just absolutely healthy and harmless to our health. thus, Today i brought the recipe of healthy cardamom almond cookies from my kitchen. These are just healthy cookies ideal for kids. A recipe of cookies which is healthy and contains various dry fruits in order to make it more healthier.
Before providing the recipe , here are some frequently asked questions:
The healthiest type of cookie, according to me is the cookie which does not contain refined/vegetable oil, refined sugar and all purpose flour/refined flour. One can use instead butter or olive oil, wheat flour or millet flour and brown sugar/crystallized non refined sugar or jaggery. Ragi cookies and coconut cookies too are healthy.
Not only this but cookies may include almond cookie, oatmeal cookie, or hazelnut/ cranberry cookies.
Of course, home made cookies are best as there is no loaded preservatives and harsh chemicals that may harm your effect.
Best recipe would be healthy oatmeal cookie or the cookies which includes dry fruits such as almond, raisin,hazel nut, peanuts, and cashew nuts. But keep in mind the calorie intake that your body requires.
|Preparation time : 20 minutes||Cooking time : 15 minutes|
|Total time : 35 minutes||Servings : 12 nos|
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon
- Butter – 3 tablespoon
- Rock salt – a pinch
- Powdered brown sugar or unrefined mishri – 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/4th teaspoon
- Almond and cashew nuts powdered – 2 tablespoon
- Chopped almond – 3
- Milk – as required
- Cardamom – 1 nos
- In a bowl, sieve whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Add powdered almond and cashews. Add 1 powdered cardamom too.
- In another bowl, whisk butter at room temperature and powdered sugar till it becomes frothy. You can use hand blender or whisker or you can just do it with your hands.
- Add this butter mixture to the wheat mixture and form a dough by adding small amount of milk at a time. Make a dough neither too stiff or too soft.
- Now roll the dough and cut it using a cutter or a knife to give shape of your choice.
- Place them on a tray and garnish chopped almonds on the top.
Bake the cookies preheated oven(oven should be pre-heated for 10 minutes at toast mode or both iron rods on) for 10-15 minutes at 200 degree C(lower rod should be on).
Time may vary depending on oven so keep your eyes after 10 minutes are over.
- Place a deep bottom pan or kadhai over gas flame.
- Now place an iron stand inside the kadahi or you can spread a layer of sand or salt instead.
- Cover the lid and pre heat for 10 minutes at high flame.
- Over the stand or sand, place your baking tray now and cover it with lid for 15 minutes at low to medium flame.
- Time may vary so keep an eye after 15 minutes are over.
Tasty and healthy cookies are ready to be served!
These tasty cookies are ideal for you and your kids, And is easy to make and healthier to eat. Serve these with hot coffee or pack your bag for travel with these cookies. All the ingredients are available in your kitchen. So, must try this easy to make recipe at home. Eating healthy has always been the option, you just need to choose it.