Table of content
Everyone is waiting for Christmas. Waiting for Christmas is as difficult as deciding the delicious menu for this fest. People spend their days preparing for Christmas trees, gifts, wish lists and much more. However, Christmas cake recipe is the inevitable recipe of the Christmas menu. This is Christmas cake recipe Indian. Since I also know the prevalence of Christmas fruit cake, I have used tutti frutti in it.
A healthy and yummy Christmas cake exists
This Christmas, I decided to bake Christmas cake which is healthy and tasty as well. I am making a promise here. This Christmas cake recipe without eggs, would be free from chemical, preservative and any harmful ingredient, without compromising with its taste and deliciousness.
|Also Read : Healthy chocolate cake and brownie recipes|
You might be wondering if this kind of cake even exist ? Even it does, how can it be tasty? But your this myth will break today after trying out this recipe.
On Christmas eve, people bake cakes using refined flour, vegetable oil, synthetic food colors, refined sugar and so on. However, these ingredients are extremely unhealthy and unsuitable for your body. And if they do not bake, they buy one from supermarket or bakery shop, which is even more danger because quality is not guaranteed.
Also, tutti fruti is an essential ingredient of Christmas cake. But, it too has artificial food colors and is loaded with table sugar. Since, I am here, I have an amazing alternative for that too.
My substitutes of Christmas cake
|Commercial Christmas cake||My Christmas cake recipe|
|Refined/table sugar||Powdered threaded mishri/brown sugar|
|All purpose flour/refined flour/maida||Whole wheat flour|
|Vegetable oil/refined oil||Butter|
|Condensed milk||Home-made condensed milk|
|Tutti frutti||natural tutti frutti|
Difference between commercial cake recipe and my cake recipe is that my cake guarantee quality as well as taste. This is Christmas cake recipe eggless without rum or alcohol.
Christmas cake recipe
- ½ + ¼ cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Powdered threaded mishri/brown sugar
- ½ + ¼ cup full cream milk
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Vinegar
- a drop Vanilla essence
- ½ + ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 3 tbsp Condensed Milk
- as required Tutti frutti
Steps for cake making
We will make in two parts for more convenience. One will be preparation for dry mix and other will be for wet mix. And then, we will combine both.
- In a bowl, sieve whole wheat flour using a fine siever.
- Sieve into the same bowl, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Now keep this dry mix aside.
- Firstly, take 1/2 + 1/4 cup of milk (room temperature).
- Mix in 1/2 tsp of vinegar or lemon juice to it. Stir well and keep this aside.
- In a clean bowl, take powdered sugar and sieve it well so there are no granules. Add vanilla essence and butter (room temperature).
- Whisk this mixture well using a whisker until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Now, add into this mixture 2 tbsp of olive oil. Whisk again well for about 3-4 minutes.
- Next add condensed milk and whisk again till everything combines well.
- Lastly add milk, that we have kept earlier aside mixing vinegar to it.
- Using a whisker, whisk everything very well until combines.
- Firstly, keep the Oven for pre-heat for 10 minutes at 200 degree C. (both rods on/ toast mode).
- Divide dry mixture in portions.
- Now, take wet mix and add one portion of dry mix and using a whisker, mix it well .
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add remaining portion of dry mix and whisk again. Prepare a lump-free batter.
- Make sure to not over mix it. Combine dry and wet mix with light hands.
- Overmixing may lead to dense cake.
- Now, you are done with your batter.
- At this stage, you add 2 tbsp of tutti fruitti to it and just fold it using a spatula. ( I have not added tutti frutti to my batter since I do not like its taste).
Baking in Oven
- Prepare a baking tin by lining it butter paper. Do not forget to brush the butter paper as well with some oil or butter.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin. Tap the baking to remove any bubbles.
- Now, top the cake batter with some more tutti frutti or chocochips.
- Place the cake tin into the pre-heated over for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, insert a toothpick or knife into the cake to check if it is done.
- If toothpick comes clean, it is done.
- If there is batter on toothpick, allow it to bake for another 5 or 10 minutes depending on how raw it is.
- It won’t take more than 40 minutes.
- On a gas flame, put a deep pan and put in some salt or sand in it.
- Spread the salt evenly.
- Put another stand over the salt.
- cover it and allow it to pre heat for 10 minutes at high flame.
- After 10 minutes, place the tin inside pan and cover it.
- Allow it to bake for 30-40 minutes at low to medium flame.
- Once done, allow it to cool.
Once your cake is ready, you can garnish it with some chopped nuts/ choco chips/ some more tutti frutti.
Your Christmas fruit cake is ready!
|1. I have used powdered threaded mishri. You can use brown sugar powder as well. But there can be difference is texture then.|
|2. Olive oil/canola oil is very essential. Butter is not sufficient to give bread a smooth texture. So, do not skip this.|
|3. You can also use parchment paper instead of butter paper.|
|4. Do not take stiff or melted butter. Butter must be at room temperature.|
|5. You can also add a pinch of rock salt to balance the sweetness.|
|6. I have used home-made condensed milk.|
|7. Quantity of vanilla essence depends on the brand you are using. I use Ossoro vanilla essence.|