Table of content
Among the different variety of cookies that i tried, one of my favorite has been cumin biscuit recipe or jeera biscuits (in Hindi). This biscuits is admired by my whole family. This is biscuit makes a perfect balance between salt and sugar. This biscuit presents well the taste of our own culture which is the mixture of contrasts.
Benefits of cumin seeds
- Cumin seeds are rich source of iron
- It promotes the functioning of digestive system
- It may also helps with diabetes and may be beneficial for treating diabetes
- It contains in it beneficial plant compounds
- It might also helps to improve blood cholesterol
- Cumin seeds also add on to the ways of weight loss and fat reduction
Why whole wheat Cumin biscuit recipe
Switching to healthy option is the only way to get rid of various diseases. Rich in fiber content and vitamin B-1,B-3 and B-5, whole wheat flour or atta prevents constipation. It also helps in controlling blood sugar along with assisting in weight loss management. Refined flour or all purpose flour, on the other, lacks any nutrition and benefits, adding on to health risk factors. Hence, need for Jeera atta biscuit was essential.
|Preparation time : 15 minutes||Baking time : 15-20 minutes|
|Total time : 30 minutes||Serves :|
Cumin biscuit recipe (jeera biscuits)
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Brown Sugar powdered – 1/4th cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Procedure for making biscuits
- Take 1/4th cup sugar and 1/4th cup ghee and whisk it well till it becomes frothy and fluffy. Keep this wet mixture aside.
- Now, in another bowl, sieve one cup wheat flour, 1/2 tsp salt and baking powder.
- In a pan, roast 1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
- Now add this mixture of dry ingredients along with cumin seeds to the wet mixture to form a tight dough.
- Roll the dough over a flat surface and cut it using biscuit cutter or you can also roll into a log, refrigerate it for 2 hours and then cut it with knife. I used the first method.
- Cut the biscuits to your favorite shapes and sizes.
- Place the pieces over tray lined with butter paper.
Bake with oven
- At preheated oven, bake it at 180-200 degree C for 15-20 minutes. lower rod should be used.
- Take them out once golden brown.
Bake without oven
- In a deep bottom pan or kadhai, place an iron stand or some salt to avoid direct touch with the biscuit tray.
- Now pre heat the pan (cover the lid) for 10 minutes on high flame.
- Place your biscuit tray inside the pan and allow it to bake for 20-25 minutes on low-medium flame.
Your healthy yet tasty biscuits are ready to be served with tea.
|You can keep the dough of biscuits into the refrigerator for 3 months. Just cut and bake anytime you want to.|
|Pre heating is essential.|
|Time of baking may vary, so keep an eye after 15 minutes are over. If they are golden brown, they are ready but if they are not, cook them for some more minutes.|
|Use powdered mishri or brown sugar for this recipe.|
|More ghee or butter to the cookies or biscuits make them more crispier and crunchy.|
|You need not use all the dough at a time. You can make a log of the dough and keep in refrigerator up to 3 months. Cut and bake anytime you want to.|
In the world full of unhealthy food, try this crispy cumin or jeera biscuits. It is easier to make as well as tasty. You also do not need much ingredients for this recipe.