Table of content
- 0.1 Some FAQs
- 1 Dry fruit ladoo
Ladoos are the base of Indian culture. In all festivals, occasions and ceremonies ladoos are the dominative dessert. That is why, I thought of preparing a recipe of dry fruit ladoo. This is a very healthy recipe for toddlers. Not only kids but any age group can eat it. This is a very healthy ladoo recipe and it makes your diet complete. So, next time when you crave for a sweet, you can switch to this dry fruit ladoo recipe with no guilt.
My ladoos are not properly bind what to do and what is the reason
If your ladoos are not binding properly, then it could be due the addition of least amount of ghee than required. In the recipe of ladoo, the primary binding agent is ghee and secondary agent is sugar. So, in case, your ladoos are not binding properly, add some more melted ghee and you will see, it starts binding.
How to Shape mixture of atta to make a LADOO when ghee is put in less amount?
If there is less amount of ghee added in ladoo mixture, then you will see that it is not binding properly. Ghee is the primary agent which bind the ladoo. So, in case you want to bind ladoo without adding in more ghee, you can add some melted jaggery. Or you can add some condensed milk as well. These will help binding you ladoo well without adding in more ghee.
What is the shelf life of Atta ladoos?
You can preserve atta ladoos up to 7-10 days.
Can we use vanaspati DALDA for Atta ladoo?
Vanaspati ghee is a worst ghee in Indian market. Vanaspati is also known as dalda which is equally worst. There is reason that they are so cheaper in price and they are much cheaper in quality even more than its price. You can see here why you should never use this ghee.
Dry fruit ladoo
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- ½cup + 2 tbsp powdered threaded mishri/brown sugar
- ½ cup Ghee
- 4 nos cardamom
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¾ cup combination walnuts, raisins, almonds, pistachio and cashews
- 2 Tragacanth gum (gond)
- desiccated coconut
Steps dry fruit ladoo
- In a pan, heat small amount of ghee. Add tragacanth or gond and fry it till pops up to become crispy.
- Now transfer this gond to a bowl and crush it.
- Fry, in the same pan, all the dry fruits except walnuts and raisins and crush them as well coarsely.
- Now, add all the remaining ghee and once it melts, add poppy seeds. Also, add whole wheat flour. Keep stirring it till it turns golden brown and you starts getting a nutty aroma. Add cardamom seeds powder. Mix well.
- Turn off the flame. Immediately add sugar and stir well.
- Add in all crushed dry fruits, desiccated coconut and crushed Tragacanth.
- Mix everything well and transfer this mixture to a bowl.
- Start making balls taking a small portion of the mixture in your hands. You are required to prepare all ladoos same way before mixture cools down completely.
- Ladoos are ready to be served.