Table of content
No matter if you love oats or not, granola bars are loved by everyone. This easy granola bar recipe is just amazing. Easy granola bar home made recipe is chewy, soft, delicious and there is crunch of roasted dry fruits which gives it a crunch.
Granola bars are very beneficial for health of everyone especially gym goers and those who have daily exercise routine. The recipe i brought today is baked granola bar recipe although i will also give alternative of granola bar recipe without oven.
Benefits of granola bars are countless. But some of them are: They reduce cholesterol level and blood sugar level. High fiber ingredients like oats and flax seeds are helpful to reduce blood pressure. Granola bars are rich in anti oxidants and fulfill many bodily needs. It also helps in improving gut health. It has also been found that granola bars may help to prevent anemia. It provides great source of vitamin E, protein and fiber. Other than this, granola bars helps in increasing cognitive activities. We can thus, must try granola bars at home. This recipe is easy to make, with easily available ingredient and tastes so well. So lets move towards the recipe.
Is it necessary to add oats in granola bars?
The main and major ingredient of granola bar is oats. The reason of adding oats is that it goes well with other dry fruits. It would quite be difficult to make granola bars skipping oats as if you will be using only dry fruits and flax seeds then it would be extra heavier on your digestive system.
I made granola bars but they were bitter and too hard
Granola bars tastes bitter when the jaggery is melted and is over cooked. Granola bars are generally stiff and you can coarsely grind all ingredients if you want softer bars. Not sure, but this may work. Also, add in some butter to make them softer.
How to store granola bars
You can store granola bars up to a week in air tight jar by wrapping the pieces in a parchment paper. You can also wrap each piece of granola bar in the butter paper and grab one whenever you wish.
Easy granola bars
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 12 nos almonds
- 14 nos cashews
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp ragi flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- Dry roast peanuts, almonds, cashews and grind them well.
- In a clean bowl, add oats, ragi flour, wheat flour, flax seeds, dry fruits powdered and raisins.
- Mix well. Add in melted jaggery and honey.
- Combine well. Transfer this mixture to the baking tray lined with butter paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes in pre heated oven at 200°C.
- Granola bars are ready.
- You can make your own favorite combination of dry fruits for this granola bars.
- Use melted jaggery ONLY.
- If you find it difficult to bind in all ingredients, then increase the amount of melted jaggery to 2 tbsp.
- You can store them up to a week in air tight jar by wrapping the pieces in a parchment paper.
Preparation for easy granola bars recipe
- In a pan, dry roast peanuts, almonds and cashews. Once roasted, grind them well.
- In another bowl, add oats, millet flour or ragi, wheat flour, flax seeds, powdered dry fruits, and raisins. Mix everything well.
- Now, add melted jaggery and honey. To melt the jaggery, you can either use double boiler or you can add one teaspoon of water in a pan, then add jaggery to it and melt it.
- If you find it difficult to combine, add in more melted jaggery.
- Now combine everything well, and transfer this to baking tray lined with butter paper or parchment paper.
- Bake it in pre heated oven for 15 minutes at 200 degree C.
- After 15 minutes, cut them in rectangular shape.
- Cover each piece with parchment paper and store in air tight container. Granola bars have shelf life of 1 week.