Table of content
Focaccia is an Italian bread which seems quite similar to pizza. Although it is prepared with no cheese. It is one of the type of a bread, which is popular not only in Italy but across globe. Defining characteristic of Focaccia bread is olive oil and herbs. It is traditionally prepared using all purpose flour, however I have made it all healthy. Trust me, it yet tastes so awesome and delicious. Focaccia Italian recipe is a perfect tea-time snack. It is also very easy to prepare Focaccia recipe at home, with least ingredients available. So, let us begin with recipe.
Why is focaccia bread healthy?
Focaccia contains high complex carbohydrates which gives energy to body. This helps to regulate blood-sugar level. Since, I have prepared focaccia with whole wheat flour, this got an extra edge. It is loaded with minerals, vitamins and fiber.
What do you eat focaccia bread with?
You can serve hot focaccia bread with a bowl of salad or soup. It is also a great idea for evening snack due to which you can serve it with tea and coffee as well.
Preparation for Focaccia bread recipe
- In a bowl, take whole wheat flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup + 1 tsp warm water in the bowl and mix everything well. At this stage, dough must be sticky.
- Transfer this mixture to a slab or big plate and knead it for 10 minutes.
- Take some oil in your palm, and then knead the dough by stretching it well.
- Keep applying some oil in your palm to knead a very soft dough.
- Once your soft dough is ready, it is time to ferment it.
- Grease a square baking tin. Spread the dough evenly throughout the baking dish.
- Cover it and keep this baking tin in a warm place for 1.5-2 hours.
- After 2 hours, dough should be doubled and risen.
- Poke your finger deep, all around the dough.
- Brush some oil over it.
- Garnish some sliced onions and capsicum over it.
- Bake your focaccia into pre-heated oven (10 minutes pre-heated oven) for 25-30 minutes.
- Once it is done, de-mould it and season it with some pizza mixed herbs. Cut it into squares and serve hot.