Table of content
So I count on Gingerbread cookies as my one of the most favorite in the list. Perfectly crisped, spiced, molasses and brown sugar combines so perfectly to make these cookies a must on Christmas eve. Just the way, one cannot skip Christmas cake on 25th, so did they cannot resist making gingerbread man. You can serve these yummiest cookies with some creamy and intense hot chocolate drink.
These gingerbread cookies are completely eggless and healthy as well, since I have not added in refined flour/all purpose flour. Basically. I can call it whole wheat gingerbread cookies eggless.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp Ginger powder dried
- ¼ tsp Clove powder
- 3 tbsp jaggery powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- a pinch rock salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3.5 tbsp Salted Butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- In a clean bowl, take powdered brown sugar and jaggery powder. Add butter to it.
- Using a whisker, whisk everything well until fluffy.
- Now, add dried ginger powder, a pinch of rock salt, clove powder and cinnamon powder.
- Also add a drop of vanilla essence to it.
- Whisk everything again to combine everything well.
- Next, sieve 1 cup whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Make a dough combining everything and adding 1-2 teaspoon of milk.
- Make a stiff dough.
- Put your oven for pre-heating for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Now, roll your dough into a thick sheet.
- Cut the sheet using a cutter to make gingerbread man.
- Also, cut some stars, Christmas tree, Santa Clause and whatever you like. But yes, gingerbread man is a must.
- Now Its time to bake cookies.
- Place your cookies on a baking tray, lined with butter paper.
- Allow them to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Your gingerbread cookies are ready.
- You can now decorate your gingerbread man and your cookies the way you want.
|1. You can make your shapes from gingerbread cookie dough.|
|2. Brown sugar and jaggery powder are essential in this recipe. But I have used threaded powdered mishri since brown sugar was not in the stock.|
|3. Butter must be at room temperature.|
|4. Be very careful while adding milk. Add very little amount at a time.|
|5. Before storing cookies, allow it to cool down at room temperature.|
|6. If you want softer cookies, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. It will make cookies softer.|
|7. You can store the cookie dough up to 2 months in Freeze and 2-4 days in refrigerator.|
|8. Shelf life of gingerbread cookies is up to 4 weeks.|