Table of content
- 1 Benefits of granola bars
- 2 Flexible recipe of granola bars
- 3 Benefits of nuts used in granola bars
- 4 FAQs related to granola bas
- 5 Granola bar recipe
No matter if you love oats or not, granola bars are loved by everyone. This easy no bake granola bar recipe is just amazing. Easy granola bar, home made recipe is chewy, soft, delicious and there is crunch of roasted dry fruits which makes it even more ideal. Get ready for this amazing crunchy granola bar recipe.
You can have this granola bars with some hot chocolate sip in winters. This will make kind of perfect combo.
Granola bars are very beneficial for health of everyone especially gym goers and those who have daily exercise routine. The recipe I brought today is granola bar recipe without Oven.
|Also read : Baked granola bars recipe|
Benefits of granola bars
- They reduce cholesterol level and blood sugar level.
- High fiber ingredients like oats and flax seeds are helpful to reduce blood pressure.
- They are rich in anti oxidants and fulfill many bodily needs.
- It also helps in improving gut health.
- It has been found that granola bars may help to prevent anemia. Also provides great source of vitamin E, protein and fiber.
- Other than this, granola bars helps in increasing cognitive activities.
Flexible recipe of granola bars
This recipe of granola bars is quite flexible. It is so because you can include all your favorite nuts. There is no compulsion of adding any specific ingredients. Or in case, you are running out of a certain ingredients, you can yet make it. In simple words, you can choose your ingredient to make your granola bar.
Benefits of nuts used in granola bars
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- The best part about raisins is that they are cholesterol-free and fat-free.
- They are high in anti-oxidants and have rich fiber content.
- They help in building and maintaining bones.
- It also lowers the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
- Rich in Vitamin E, magnesium and potassium
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- It has higher phosphorous content which helps in building bones stronger.
- Reduces hunger and weight loss.
- Almonds help in maintaining blood sugar level.
- They have higher antioxidants as compared to any nuts.
- Inflammation is the root of any diseases and it may help to reduce it.
- Walnuts are rich in health promoting bacteria.
- Reduces the risk of some kind of cancer.
- may also help to manage blood pressure.
- It contains potassium and high level of unsaturated fat.
- Pistachio lowers the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
- Contains high level of fiber and minerals helping to maintain blood sugar level and controls blood pressure.
- Improves the flexibility in the body.
- They are nutritious and thus may help in eating less, leading to weight loss.
Some other ingredients
This granola bars also contain some flax seeds and coconut. Both of these are extremely beneficial for your overall health. As coconut is a flexible fruit which is used in many recipes like coconut cookies, etc. The same way flax seed too is included in many recipes like flax seed ladoo and so on. Adding some desiccated coconut not only adds to the nutritious value but also enhances the taste and makes the granola bars chewy.
How do you get granola bars to stick together?
- One can add melted jaggery for the best binding of all nuts together.
- You can use honey, brown sugar or peanut butter as well for excellent binding. But keep in mind that should not be heated in any case.
- Some melted dark chocolate or melted choco chips also works well. Depending on your taste and choice you can add any of these.
Is eating granola bars healthy for you?
A big YES ! Granola bars contain a lot of nuts like almonds, pistachio, walnuts, raisins, cashews, oats and so on. All these nuts are really good to health and are rich in some vitamins and minerals.
What is the healthiest granola bar?
If you’re looking for my own answer, then it will be home-made granola bars. There is a major reason that I always opt for making my own granola bars. They are free from any preservatives and food additives. Although, there could be some better brands who offers natural bars free of any chemicals but I would always vote for best granola bars which can be prepared at home.
Granola bar recipe
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp almond
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp pistachio
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp ragi flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup jaggery
- 2 tbsp warm milk
Recipe for granola bars – Steps
- In a mixer grinder take raisins, almond, walnuts and pistachio. Grind everything well. You can choose your favorite combination of nuts.
- Now, in transfer the nuts to a bowl and grind oats and flax seeds together.
- Next, In a pan, take jaggery and milk. Wait until melts on low flame. Once melted, add grinded nuts, oats and flax seeds.
- Combine everything very well. Cook everything until combined together.
- Add desiccated coconut in the end and turn off the flame.
- Grease a square mould, and transfer this mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly using a spatula.
- Allow the granola bar mixture to set for 30 minutes at least.
- Once cool down, cut it into cubes.
- These bars can be stored in cool and dry place in the air tight container for up to 6 months.