Table of content
- 0.1 Why adding butter to the cookies?
- 0.2 What makes cookies chewy verses crunchy?
- 0.3 Which butter is best for cookie?
- 0.4 Does baking powder makes cookies crispy?
- 0.5 why cookies get hard after cooling down?
- 0.6 Why whole wheat healthy butter cookies?
- 1 Healthy butter cookies
One of my favorite cookies has been this healthy butter cookies which are so mouth melting and tastier. While scrolling through internet, everyday i found loads of recipes of cookies and biscuits but barely any focuses on health related factors. So i just thought of trying out one which really came up awesome. Do not trust my words, try it yourself. This eggless recipe of butter cookies.
Before jumping directly to the recipe, there are some frequent doubts by the people which i would answer here:
Adding butter to the cookies make its texture more smooth and of course adds to the taste. Cookies made with butter are more thinner and crispier.
For making crunchy cookies dough should be higher in butter content and stiffer dough with higher moisture content. On the other side, you can add baking soda to make chewy cookies. Corn flour can also be added in a small amount for chewy cookies.
Prefer using unsalted butter for cookies and other baking recipes as well because then you would better be able to control the amount of butter. Adding salted butter sometimes add to imbalance of the taste.
Yes, air bubbles in baking powder makes the biscuits or cookies rise well and also add on to the crispiness of the cookies or biscuits. While adding baking soda makes the cookies softer and chewy as well.
Over mixing the dough after adding flour led to increase in the density of dough hence resulting in hard cookies. Do not over mix, instead just fold the dough using a spatula. Never use blender or whisker for folding cookies it will make cookies harder.
Since refined flour has no nutritional content and health benefits, adding on to the health risks and diseases, there is no sense of consuming it. Refined flour led to constipation and other health related issues. Whole wheat flour on the other side has a lt or nutritional content and that is why it can be consumed on regular basis. Refined flour loses all its nutrition in the process of refining and take a lot more time in digestion leading to disturbances in digestive functioning.
- In a bowl, sieve 1/2 cup wheat flour and baking powder. Add a pinch of salt to it.
- In another bowl, take 2 tablespoon of each of butter( room temperature) and powdered mishri or powdered brown sugar. Whisk them well using a blender or by hand or by whipping machine till it gets a creamy fluffy texture, as shown below.
- Now, add a drop of vanilla essence(optional) to the butter. Add this mixture(wet mix) to the wheat mixture(dry mixture) and mix them well till the dough arrives at a binding texture. Now add a teaspoon of milk gradually to form a dough which is neither too stiff nor too soft.
- Next, roll the dough over a slab like you do for a chapati. Rolled dough should be thick.
- Cut the rolled sheet into your favorite shape of cookies.
- Place these cookies over a tray.
Bake the cookies in a preheated oven (oven should be pre-heated for 10 minutes at toast mode or both rods on) for 10-15 minutes at 200 degree C (lower rod should be on).
Time may vary depending on oven so keep your eyes after 10 minutes are over.
- Place a deep bottom pan or kadhai over gas flame.
- Now place an iron stand inside the kadahi or you can spread a layer of sand or salt instead.
- Cover the lid and pre heat for 10 minutes at high flame.
- Over the stand or sand, place your baking tray now and cover it with lid for 15 minutes at low to medium flame.
- Time may vary so keep an eye after 15 minutes are over.
Once baked, allow it to cool down completely at room temperature. Crispy butter cookies are ready to eat !
Eating cookies is a choice hence eating healthy is also in your hands. This is no fail recipe with least ingredients available in your kitchen. This recipe of butter cookies is absolutely good for kids, as well as for every age group. This crispy butter cookies will melt in your mouth and will melt your heart with its flavor. Must try this recipe and for any query related to this recipe you can post it in the comment section, i will help you out with it.