Table of content
Try out this honey-oats cookies which are easier to make and delicious to eat.
Oats are really good for health. Although, most of the people and specially children do not like eating oats. But when these oats are presented in the form of cookies and healthy bars, they become everyone’s favorite. That is why, keeping in view everything healthy i tried honey-oat cookies which turned out awesome and delicious. These cookies have in least ingredients and are egg less. They are chewy and forms a perfect combination of all ingredients to serve you a healthy cookie. These cookies have no sugar, no baking powder, no refined or vegetable oil, no baking soda, and no milk.
Honey and oats are two essential ingredients in this recipe. Oat as we all know, are very beneficial for ones health. There are number of benefit of oats.
Honey too has a lot of hidden benefits :
- Honey is beneficial for skin. hair and skin.
- Helpful is healing wounds. One specific honey, that is , manuka honey has the ability to kill germs and aids in the tissue generation.
- Helps in the problem of sore throat. It works no less than a medicine for curing throat issues.
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties with the help of which it kills unwanted bacteria and fungus and protects us like a shield.
- Diabetic patients can also use honey. It is yet not recommended but is better substitute than sugar at least.
- It is known to help in controlling blood sugar level and has good cholesterol.
- 3/4 cup Oats
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 3 tsp Melted chocolate
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter
- a pinch Salt
- 4 tbsp wheat flour
- In a bowl, take 4 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp peanut butter and 4 tsp melted chocolate and whisk well.
- Take ¾ cup oats, 4 tbsp wheat flour and salt, in another bowl
- Mix these wet and dry ingredients to form a sticky dough.
- Give them shape of cookies and place them on baking tray
- In pre heated oven, bake these cookies for 10-15 minutes at 180°C.Ø
- Once done, allow the to cool at room temperature.
- Healthy chewy cookies are ready!
- In this recipe i used home made chocolate sauce. I just melted my home made chocolate to use it as chocolate sauce. You can use any melted chocolate. In case you do not want chocolate, you completely skip this.
- Peanut butter that has been used in this recipe is completely free from harsh chemicals and preservative free. That is, i used home made peanut butter.
- In this recipe, i have used all natural honey not the commercial ones.
- Pre heating oven for 10 minutes before baking essential.
- In a bowl whisk honey, butter, peanut butter and melted chocolate. And keep this wet ingredients aside.
- Now in another bowl, sieve wheat flour. Add oats to it. Add a pinch of salt too at this stage.
- In this dry mix, add wet mix to form a sticky dough.
- Now take small scoops of this dough to give it your desired shape and place in the baking tray lined with butter paper.
- Place this tray inside the pre-heated oven to bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Your healthy honey-oats cookies are ready to eat.