Table of content
- 1 Some FAQs
- 2 Multigrain bread recipe at home
- 3 Ingredients
One of the healthiest bread is multigrain bread. That is why, i prepared multigrain bread recipe at home. Multi grain includes two or more types of grain. In this multi grain bread, i have used multigrain flour which consists of corn, finger millet or ragi, gram flour, oats, whole wheat flour and soya bean flour. You can find the recipe of multigrain flour at home here. I am always inclined towards consuming home prepared breads. There is a reason that i never recommend consuming commercial whole wheat bread, brown bread or even multi grain bread. You too will be shocked to know the reason behind it. Click here to know.
If you find difficult to prepare multigrain bread, try this easy recipe of whole wheat bread at home.
Is it OK to eat multigrain roti everyday?
Although multigrain have enormous benefits and are absolutely healthy to eat. But one should never consume same chapati everyday. If one will consume same chapati everyday, even if it is whole wheat, body gets adopted to it and may not yield the same result as it should be. That is why, one should change the grain/flour of roti. For example, eat multigrain roti twice, whole wheat roti twice and rest of the days go for either bajra, jowar or any other grain of chapati.
Which disease multigrain roti good for health?
Multigrain roti is very helpful to cure various problems associated with health. Multigrain roti helps in the management of proper balanced diet and curing different types of diseases. This is ideal for those who have diseases such as blood pressure, obesity, cancer, skin related diseases, intestinal disorders, hair problems, heart related problems, diabetes and weakness.
Can I use soya beans instead of soya chunks in multigrain atta homemade?
Soya chunks should not be used in the preparation of multigrain flour. Soyabean seeds have more benefits and soya chunks. Soya chunks are made from defatted soy flour, a by-product of extracting soybean oil. On the other side, soya bean seeds are more natural and are non-processed which are much more beneficial than soya chunks.
Multigrain bread recipe at home
- 2.5 cups Multigrain flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp rock salt
- 1 tbsp powdered brown sugar
- as required warm water
- 1 tbsp flax seeds, rolled oats and sesame seeds
Choosing right quality of yeast is important. There are two types of yeast. Active dry yeast and instant yeast. Active dry yeast needs to be dissolved in lukewarm water before using it, as it needs to be activated before use. On the other hand instant yeast can directly be used in any recipe. In my recipe i have used instant yeast which takes an hour to get doubled when mixed in flour.
- In a big bowl, take 2.5 cups of whole wheat flour, powdered brown sugar, rock salt and yeast. Mix everything well.
- Now, start adding warm water to it and knead a sticky dough. Dough should not be hard. Knead the dough while adding small amount of warm water at a time.
- In case you are using active dry yeast, take 1/2 tsp yeast and sugar 1/2 tsp and dissolve both of them in 1/4th cup lukewarm water.
- Once the dough is bind well, start kneading it by stretching method. Stretching method means stretch the dough well and then collect it, and keep on repeating this process. Knead the dough with this method for at least 7-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take a small amount of butter in your hand and and knead it again. Knead dough by this way using a small amount of butter at a time. Knead it for 5 minutes. 1 table spoon of butter is required in kneading.
- Now, when your sticky dough is ready, transfer it to your bread mould, greased lined with butter paper. Top it with sesame seeds, flax seeds and some rolled oats.
- Cover and keep the bread mould in a warm place for 1 hour.
Baking with oven
- Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at toast mode/both rods on.
- Now, keep the dough for baking at 200 degree C., for 25-30 minutes.
- After the time is over, check if the bread is done using a knife or toothpick. If it comes out clean, it is done. If not, then allow it to bake for another 5-7 minutes, depending on how much under cooked is it.
Baking without oven
- Take a deep pan and keep either a stand or a layer of salt over it. Cover it with lead and allow it to pre heat for 10 minutes at high flame.
- After 10 minutes, keep the bread tin inside it and cover the lead. Flame should be low. It takes 30-35 minutes to bake. You can check if bread is done using a knife or toothpick. If still raw, allow it to bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once bread is done, you can cover it with a wet muslin cloth to keep it softer. Once it is completely cool, you can cut it into pieces.