Table of content
Crispy baked nachos chips recipe with cheesy mustard dip is all that you required for a perfect eve. Try this baked nachos recipe at home. This is tasty, healthy and perfectly crispy recipe of nachos chips. Although, one can easily find variations of nachos chips, but these home made nachos chips hold in health factor as well. That is why, this is perfect quarantine recipe to try in this lock down period.
Are there any adulterants in nachos?
You simply cannot trust the quality of packed nachos. First of all they are deep fried in oil and then the quality of spices and hygiene is not at all guaranteed. They are deep fried in re used oil, which are poisonous to health. They use refined oil or vegetable oil which has no health benefits. Hence, you are left with most of the reasons which would resist to consume packed commercial nachos chips.
- ½ cup maize flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup wheat flour
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
Recipe for nachos chips
- In a bowl, take whole wheat flour, maize flour, salt, powdered black pepper and olive oil. Mix well.
- Form a dough using warm water as required.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Take one part of the dough and roll it into thin sheets. Sheets should be thin like you do for chapati.
- Cut them in triangular shape using a knife.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with butter paper.
- Prepare all the nachos with rest of the dough.
- Bake the nachos in the pre heated oven, at 200 degree C for 10-15 minutes.
- Your nachos chips are ready to be served with cheesy dip.
- You can use either olive oil or mustard oil for the dough. You can use butter as well instead.
- If you wish, you can some oregano and chilli flakes or mixed herbs in the dough.
- Make sure your surface is greased before rolling nachos chips dough over it. Otherwise it may get stick over it.
- Roll it as thin as possible, but make sure it does not stick to the surface.
- Do not roll by giving too much pressure. Be gentle.
- Keep an eye after 10 mins are over for baking. As time varies in oven to oven.
- Serve these nachos with cheesy yummy dip.