Table of content
- 0.1 Some FAQs
- 1 Oats cake
One of the best recipe that no one can avoid, is this oats cake recipe. It is perfect substitute of commercial cakes which are loaded with preservatives and chemicals. This oats cake recipe or oats flour cake is perfect for children too as it has no harmful ingredients used in this. This oats cake eggless, so that being a complete vegetarian is no more a task for you. You will find here the recipe of oats cake both, with and without oven. So, after reading this recipe, making cake using oats will not be a difficult task for you.
Does Oats flour make cake crispy?
If you will make cake using oats flour, you may find that outer layer of the oats turns crispier which actually add on to the texture of cake.
I am making an Oats cake it is taking too long to set in the oven I have used powdered oats
If your oats cake is taking much time to bake than required, then it could be due to several reasons: Firstly due to the over mixing of cake, secondly due to the first reason cake might have become too dense or thirdly it can be possible in the situation when the consistency of cake is too liquid. Whisking cake is the same direction is also essential. If you will whisk it in different directions then you might not reach desired taste. Due to these reasons cake might take longer time than usual to bake.
Is it OK to grind oats?
Absolutely! There are various recipes that can be prepared using oats flour. So when you grind oats, you can prepare sweet balls or oats ladoo from it, you can make cake, shakes, cupcakes and much more.
How do you make oat flour with oats?
- I will prefer dry roasting oats before grinding. Because when you roast it, the texture of oats becomes crispier and it add on to the taste as well as ease the grinding process.
- So once roasted for 3-5 minutes, you can grind it in a mixer grinder.
- 1 cup Oats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 drop vanilla essence
- 1/2cup +2tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- a pinch rock salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Oats cake recipe without eggs
- In a pan, take oats and dry roast it for 4-5 minutes at medium flame. Once roasted, allow it to cool a bit and then transfer it to a mixer grinder to make flour from it.
- In this oats flour, add 1 tsp of baking powder and baking soda along with a pinch of rock salt. Keep this dry mixture aside.
- For wet mix, in another bowl add butter and powdered brown sugar and give it a good mix for a couple of minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of milk and 1 tbsp of condensed milk (home-made) to it. Combine everything well.
- Add dry mix to the wet mixture and prepare a lump free batter. Add a drop of vanilla essence and fold everything well.
- Now, grease your cake mould lined with butter paper. Transfer this batter to the mould and tap twice so that there are no air bubbles.
Baking cake with oven
- Place the cake mould inside the pre heated oven for 10-15 minute at 200 degree C. After 15 minutes, insert a clean toothpick. If toothpick comes clean, your cake is done. If batter is sticks around the toothpick, then bake it for another 5-7 minutes. Cracks over the top of cake is also symbol that cake is done.
Baking cake without oven
- On a gas flame, put a deep pan and put some salt or sand inside it. Spread the salt evenly.Put another stand over the salt. Cover it and allow it to pre heat for 10 minutes at high flame. After 10 minutes, place the tin inside pan and cover it.Allow it to bake for 20 minutes at low to medium flame. Once done, allow it to cool. If it is under cooked bake it more for another 5 minutes.
1.You can also add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder in dry ingredients to make chocolate cake. Rest of the process can be done same way.
2.While baking cake without oven, do not open the lid more than twice because during that time heat of the pan comes out.
3.Do not over mix the cake otherwise as a result, you may get denser cake. Whisk it in the same direction; either clockwise or anti-clock wise.
4.You can add jaggery as well instead of sugar. But in that case 1/4th cup of jaggery is should be enough.