Table of content
I am not sure if everyone love oats. But i am big fan of oats crackers and i am sure, after trying this recipe, you too will become a big fan of this. Oats crackers are my favorite among all the recipes of oats. This recipe is really easy to make and forms amazing fusion of sweet and salty. It requires easily available and least ingredients.
Oats are really healthy addition too ones diet. Oats have number of benefits. Also read benefits of oats. There are many recipes prepared using oats. They are used for making cookies, cakes, breads, granola bars and many more recipes.
Benefits of sesame seeds
- Sesame are known to strengthen the roots of hairs for those who have complaints n falling hair.
- Oil present in the sesame is very beneficial to your skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties which is helpful in dealing with various issues elated to skin.
- Sesame seeds are also known to have anti ageing properties due to presence of anti oxidants.
- Sesame seeds are known to help in regulating digestive systems as well. Oil present in the sesame seeds works as lubricate to your digestive system.
- Sesame seeds also improves dental health, again, due to the presence of oil in it.
- Sesame seeds also improves the bone health of our body. Osteoporosis, found majorly in women, is due to lack of calcium and black sesame seeds are extremely beneficial to cure this disease.
- Due to the presence of high fat content, sesame seeds are known to work for increasing energy level in the body.
- Sesame seeds also stabilizes your blood pressure as they are rich in magnesium which helps to prevent from hypertension.
- Oil present in sesame seeds are good source of unsaturated fats.
- It is also one of the fact that sesame seeds helps to deal with depression and stress. It contains amino acid which has a lot to do with our moods.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoon Wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon powdered brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a mixer grinder take 1/2 cup oats and grind it well. Now, add whole wheat flour, powdered brown sugar and salt to it and give it a good mix.
- Add butter and bind everything well.
- Now add 2 tablespoon milk and knead a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough into a thin sheet and cut it using a biscuit cutter.
- Place the crackers into the tray lined with butter paper and bake it at 200 degree C for 15-20 minutes, in pre heated oven.
- Once golden brown allow them to cool at room temperature.
- Garnish the crackers with black and white roasted sesame seeds.½
- I have prepared this recipe with less quantity of ingredients, if you want, you can increase the amount by multiplying ingredients’ unit.
- Use the butter at room temperature. Neither cold nor melted butter is recommended.
- Use warm milk. In case you want to substitute milk, do it with warm water.
- If you wish you can add roasted sesame seeds at the time when you add sugar and salt.
- You can use powdered unrefined crystallized sugar or palm candy in place of brown sugar.
- Sugar can completely be avoided depending on taste. You can use 1 teaspoon of rock salt instead.
- Olive can be used in place of butter. Unsalted or salted, both butter can be used.
Preparation for oats crackers
- In a mixer grinder take 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Grind the oats to make flour
- Take oat flour in a bowl
- Mix in 2 tablespoon wheat flour to it
- Add in 2 teaspoon of powdered brown sugar
- Add 1/4th teaspoon of rock salt
- Mix everything well
- Add 2 tablespoon butter to it
- Mix the butter well and add 2 tablespoon of milk
- Knead a stiff dough
- Roll the dough into a sheet and cut it using cutter
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and arrange cookies in It.
- Place the cookies in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 200 degree C
- Take them out once golden brown
- Allow them to cool at room temperature.
- Garnish them with roasted sesame seeds