Table of content
Oats have enormous benefits. They are really healthy. People generally do not wish to consume them but today i brought a recipe of oats that you cannot resist to make. Oats ladoo/sweet balls, which do not contain any butter, oil or ghee. It is completely oil free recipe of oats. I requires only 5 ingredients. These oats balls are very healthy as the main ingredients in it are oats and coconut. We already have idea about benefits of oats.
Coconut too have a lot of benefits. Every part of coconut whether it is coconut water, coconut flesh ,coconut oil or coconut milk, all are essentially healthy for our body. Thus, coconut and oats when combine, they form reallt delicious combination ever.
As a sweetening agent, i have used major proportion of jaggery. Jaggery is really a great substitute of refined sugar. Here are some benefits of jaggery
- Jaggery helps to detox the liver.
- It is beneficial to treat flu-like symptoms.
- Also works like blood purifier
- Prevents constipation
- In menstrual pains, jaggery helps to ease it.
- Relieves joint pain
- Prevents from respiratory problems
- Good source of energy
- immunity booster
Oats sweet balls
- ¾ cup Oats
- ½ cup Desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Condensed milk
- In a pan, dry roast oats for 3-5 minutes
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- In the pan again, add coconut and and roast it well.
- Add jaggery to the pan along with 1 spoon of water and combine both well. Add condensed milk and stir well. All this take barely 10 minutes approximately.
- Add this to roasted oats and add brown sugar at this stage.
- Mix everything well. Take small portions and prepare balls from it.
- Garnish them with desiccated coconut and serve.
- If you wish, you can prepare this recipe completely with jaggery. The reason for using powdered brown sugar was that it add on to crunch.
- Adding condensed milk is absolutely option. I used home-made condensed milk in this recipe. You can avoid this.
- You can use any of the coconut; Dried or fresh. I used fresh coconut.
Preparation of Oats sweet balls
- In a pan, dry roast 3/4th cup of oats. Roast it for 3-5 minutes and when roasted, cool it down at room temperature.
- Now, add 1 tbsp condensed milk, 1tbsp powdered brown sugar and desiccated coconut to it. Mix everything well.
- Now in a pan take jaggery and a spoon of water. Melt the jaggery and transfer it to the oats mix.
- Combine everything well. Take a small portion of the dough and make balls of it. Prepare all the balls.
- You can also add more melted jaggery or milk or warm water if it you find it difficult to combine.
- Garnish your sweet balls with a little bit more desiccated coconut.