Table of content
I have tried many cookies so far, like coconut cookies, gingerbread cookies, choco chip cookies, oats cookies, chocolate cookies and many more. But this orange cookies recipes has been the simplest yet yummiest among all.
Major reason for the awesome taste of crunchy orange cookies has been due to fresh orange juice and freshness added by orange zest.
To be honest, this orange cookies has been my most favorite after oats cracker cookies.
Another exciting thing about this cookie is that it is rich in vitamin C since its a citrus fruit. Orange is also rich source of Thiamine, Folate and Potassium. Hence, I would strongly suggest to make these cookies once.
Why not packed orange biscuits?
- Loaded with refined sugar. And in my previous articles I have already explained that why refined sugar is dangerous.
- They also have artificial flavor added. Artificial lead to allergic reactions and food hypersensitivity, worsening of asthmatic symptoms, & abdominal pain, diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Biscuits are made with refined flour. And refined flour too is no less harmful.
- Another worst ingredient is palm oil which is even worst than refined oil.
- They have anonymous ingredients named as INS which isn’t good to health.
You can see the ingredients. These are the ingredient list from some biscuit brands of orange cookies/biscuits. It is clearly visible that they are loaded with sugar, palm oil, added artificial flavors, vegetable fat, synthetic colors, INS and so many anonymous ingredients which are hidden in form of numbers. If you desire to really know how fatal it can be to your health, then search these numbered ingredient on google and you will find what they actually are.
Being aware is very important these days. So, before buying any biscuit, just turn the pack and go through ingredient list.
- ½ + ¼ cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Jaggery powder
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp fresh orange juice
- a drop vanilla essence
- For crispy orange cookies, in a bowl, take powdered jaggery and butter. Whisk it well until combines.
- Once whisked, grate some fresh orange zest. Also add a drop of vanilla essence.
- Sieve whole wheat flour and baking powder to it.
- Knead a stiff dough adding in some orange juice.
- Roll the dough, and cut your desired shape.
- Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes.
- Once baked, allow it to cool at room temperature. Your orange butter cookies are ready.
|Also read : 10 healthy cookies you must try and 9 recipes of coffee|
|Follow me on Instagram and Facebook|