Table of content
I love peanut butter. I think everyone does! Kids especially prefer peanut utter over everything. The reason i love peanut butter so much, i though of making this at home. Here i go making peanut butter at home with just 4 ingredients.
Peanut butter are really beneficial for health. Here are some of the counted benefits of peanut butter.
Benefits of peanut butter
- Peanut butter are ideal for gym goers and bodybuilders
- It lowers the risk of cancer. Researches have found that the presence of vitamin E lowers the risk of cancer.
- Consuming peanut butter lowers the risk of formation of gallstones by 25%.
- Peanut butter and peanuts are known to impact blood sugar level positively. Thus, helping in controlling diabetes.
- Calcium and iron are found in good quantity which helps in making the bones stronger.
- Peanut butter contains most of the unsaturated fats which makes it fat friendly food and thus helping in lowering coronary heart diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
Recipes with peanut butter
- Peanut butter and bread (home made whole wheat bread)
- Oats cookies
- peanut butter brownie
- peanut butter cake
- granola bars
Why home made peanut butter?
|Commercial peanut butter||Home made peanut butter|
|Many ingredients including unknown chemicals||Merely 4 ingredients|
|Ready made||least time consuming & easy to make|
|Loaded with refined sugar||No sugar, only natural honey|
|Vegetable oil and refined oil||small amount of butter|
|90% peanut + artificial flavor||100% peanuts|
|Loaded with preservatives and chemicals||No preservatives and chemicals|
Home made peanut butter is free from any preservatives and harsh chemicals. They have a shelf life of 3 months which is well and good. Making peanut butter at home does not requires much ingredients and time. Kids too, love peanut butter and making them consume home prepared peanut butter keeps them away from any health risks.
On the other side, commercial peanut butter are not equally healthy and beneficial as home made peanut butter does.
Ingredients listed in this box of peanut butter above, are more than enough to throw commercial peanut butter of your house. This contains refined sugar and vegetable oil which are extremely bad for health and are the sources to invite various diseases in near future.
I am personally not against or with any commercial brand, nor is my intention to offend any company. But all i want is to get people aware about what should they consume and what they should not.
Who should avoid peanut butter?
Make sure your body is not allergic with peanuts. Otherwise even a small amount of it may led to several problems. If you feel any inconvenience after consuming peanuts or peanut butter, completely avoid this.
What is healthy to eat with peanut butter?
- whole wheat or multigrain bread
- fresh fruits
Recipe of peanut butter
- Peanuts – 100 grams
- Honey – 2 tablespoon
- Rock salt – 1/4 th teaspoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
Preparation for peanut butter home
- In a pan, dry roast peanuts till they slightly golden. Do not over roast otherwise you may get burnt bitter taste.
- If you wish, you can remove the skin of peanuts or grind them along with skin.
- Now, in a mixer grinder, add these roasted peanuts and grind them for a minute.
- Add honey, rock salt and butter to it. Grind everything well until it reaches the consistency of paste. It may take 7-10 minutes to reach the desired consistency.
- Your peanut butter is ready. Keep it in air tight jar. Shelf life of peanut butter is up to 3 months.