Table of content
Presenting you today pizza sauce recipe. Pizza sauce is an Italian sauce which forms the core base of pizza and red sauce pasta. This sauce is easily available in supermarkets and shops. They are available online as well. Then, what is the need of preparing pizza sauce recipe at home? Commercial pizza sauces are loaded with preservatives and harsh chemicals. You cannot simply trust the quality of ingredients used in the preparation of pasta sauce. That is why, the option is to prepare Italian pizza sauce at home. It is such an easy recipe of pizza sauce, which requires less time and less efforts.
Trust me,I used this sauce for making pizza and it came out awesome and yummy. One of the best pizza is home made pizza with home made pizza sauce.
Before jumping to the recipe, let me answer some FAQs.
What are the main ingredients of pasta/pizza sauce?
Main ingredients of pasta sauce includes tomatoes, garlic, onion, oregano, chili flakes, some salt to taste and sugar. There are much more ingredients that are used to prepare the pasta sauce to make its taste much more like Italian pasta sauce. But these ingredients listed above forms the basic necessary ingredients.
Can we add pizza/pasta sauce in chicken lasagna?
Pizza/pasta sauce have a spicy flavor which indicates that they are not recommended for lasagna. Lasagna is prepared mainly from cheese and white sauce. Red sauce pasta is the one in which pizza sauce is added but in lasagna i will not recommend adding pizza sauce. Pizza sauce has a sharp taste and texture which may dominate over white sauce which will kill the authenticity of lasagna.
Shelf life of pizza sauce
Once pizza sauce is prepared, keep it in air tight jar in dark and cool place (refrigerator). Pizza sauce has a shelf life of 1-2 weeks.
Pizza sauce recipe
- 4 nos Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1+½ tsp rock salt
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes/chilli powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 nos onion
- 5 nos garlic cloves
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
Preparation for pizza sauce recipe
- Roughly chop onions and divide tomatoes into half.
- In a pan, add mustard oil or olive oil. Allow oil to get heat up.
- Add garlic cloves and roughly chopped onion and cook them for a couple of minutes in medium to high flame.
- Add tomatoes and rock salt just after tomatoes. Cook tomatoes for a minute along with onion and garlic.
- Cover the tomatoes with the lid on low flame for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, you will find that tomatoes have left their skin. Take the peels out of tomatoes.
- Mash everything using spatula. You do not need to mash them properly. Roughly mash everything.
- Now, add chilli powder, oregano, brown sugar and tomato ketchup. I have used home made ketchup.
- Cook everything for another 3-5 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Transfer this mixture to grinder and grind it for 5 seconds so that it does not turns into fine paste.
- Store it in air tight jar for 1-2 week in refrigerator.