Table of content
No matter if you love finger millet/ragi or not. This sweet ragi balls/ladoos will make you surely fall for it. Ragi ladoo or nachni ladoo are easy to prepare and are very delicious. They requires basic ingredients that are available in your kitchen.Thus, we will see how to make ragi laddu. These sweet balls of ragi not merely fulfills your taste but serves your health factors as well. These ragi laddoo serves the purpose of snack deliciously. Ragi laddu are beneficial if consumed.
“Ragi flour/millet flour/Nachni ka atta” have enormous benefits. Some of the benefits of ragi are listed below:
- Ragi or finge millet are rich in protein and high in fiber
- Kuttu ka atta is rich in anti oxidants and gluten free.
- It helps to produce red blood cells.
- Ragi is good for losing weight as well.
- Lowers the blood pressure.
- Good for toddlers
- Rich in magnesium and is good for heart.
Ragi sweet balls
- 1 cup Ragi/millet flour
- ⅓ cup Jaggery powder
- 10 nos Dry fruits (almond & cashews)
- ¼ cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- as required hot water
- In 1 cup hot water, add 1 tbsp ghee. In another bowl take ragi flour and knead the dough using small amount of water.
- After kneading the dough, make chapati from it.
- Let chapati cool down. Once cool, in a grinder grind this chapatis.
- Once grind, add jaggery powder and powder of dry fruits.
- Mix well. Take small portions and make balls from it.
- Prepare all the same way.
- Ragi sweet balls/ laddu are ready.
Preparation of Ragi laddu/sweet balls
- To knead the ragi dough, prepare hot water by adding in to 1 tbsp of ghee. Use small amount of water at a time to knead the dough from ragi.
- Once dough is ready, divide it into 7 equal parts.
- Make balls of it and roll it like a chapati. Now, roast them as you do for chapati, on medium flame.
- Prepare 7 chapatis this way. You need not cook much, just roast it well.
- Now, break all the seven chapatis into small rough pieces and grind well.
- After grinding, transfer the ragi into a bowl. Add powdered dry fruits and powdered jaggery powder to it. Mix everything well.
- Take small portion of this ragi mix on to your hands and start making balls of it. Prepare all the balls using your hands.
- This way you can prepare all the sweet balls and they are absolutely ready to it.