Table of content
Raksha bandhan special sweet cups. This rakhi, surprise your siblings with a special recipe of sweet cups. Because hand made gifts always holds a special corner in the heart.
Raksha bandhan or festival of rakhi is very special for siblings. It is a festival of joy celebrated with the exchange of sweets and desserts. Sisters tie rakhi on the wrists of their brothers and both of them enjoy sweets. Not only rakhi but any other festival in India is incomplete without desserts. That is why, I brought this rakhi, very special and unique recipe of sweet cups full of healthy ingredients and awesome taste.
Raksha bandhan significance
The literal meaning of raksha bandhan means the bond of protection, love and care which specially emphasize on the bond of siblings mainly brothers and sisters. Brothers hold the relation of “protecting sisters” in Indian culture and this might be globally applicable. This bond of brothers and sisters are loaded with conflicts through out the year, but when it comes to raksha bandhan, unconditional love from both the sides is inevitable. This days holds a very special place in heart of Indians.
People at this occasion prepare sweets and a lot of desserts. Sisters do not eat anything before the ritual of rakhi is completed. Sisters tie rakhi and brothers get gifts and presents for their sisters.
Although people prepare a lot of sweet stuffs on this day but they unconsciously consume a lot of unhealthy stuffs too. That is why, considering the health perspectives as well as taste, i tried this rakhi very special sweet cups which turned out amazing and tasty.
These sweets cups are really amazing and tasty. This recipe forms the perfect combination of crunch and chewy. So, let us begin with the recipe.
Raksha bandhan special sweet cups recipe
|Preparation time : 30 minutes||Baking time : 15 mins for cups and 10 mins for biscuits(garnishing)|
|Total time : 55 minutes||Servings – 6|
Ingredients for sweet cup
For cups :-
- whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- butter – 1/2 cup
- powdered brown sugar or mishri – 1/4th cup + 1 tablespoon
- baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- rock salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk – 2 tablespoon
Procedure for making sweet cups
- To prepare your raksha bandhhan special sweet cups, in a bowl sieve wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk or blend butter and powdered sugar till it increases in quantity and becomes frothy.
- Now mix wet and dry ingredients to form a dough. Add 1-2 tablespoon of milk gradually to form a dough. (save a small portion of dough for decoration).
- Divide your dough into 6 equal parts.
- Now in a cup cake mould, add a small portion of the dough to form a hollow cup. You can take help of any glass to give shape of the cups.
- Place a paper cupcake inside the cup, now take a piece of butter paper, fill salt in it and make a bundle of it. Place this bundle inside the cups. As shown in the picture below.
- Now place this mould in the pre-heated oven, at 200 degree C for 15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes are over, keep you eye over the oven as baking time may vary depending on oven.
- Once turns golden brown, take them out and allow them to cool at room temperature.
Ingredients for filling of sweet cups
- Grated coconut dry or wet – 1/2 cup
- semolina – 1 tablespoon
- gram flour 1 teaspoon
- Rolled oats – 1 tablespoon
- Jaggery powder – 1/4th cup
- Condensed milk(home made) – 1 tablespoon
Procedure for filling of sweet cups
- In a pan, dry roast gram flour for a couple of minutes on a low to medium gas flame.
- Once roasted, add semolina and roast again for a minute.
- Now add rolled oats and mix it well. Add desiccated coconut and combine everything well.
- At this stage, add jaggery powder and combine it well with other ingredients on the pan.
- Lastly, when everything is combined well, add 1 tablespoon of condensed milk. Stir well and turn off the gas flame.
- your filling is ready.
For decoration of sweet cups
1.For making your raksha bandhan special sweet cups, take the saved portion of the dough and roll it into thin sheet. Cut them using biscuit cutter of your choice. I used star shaped cutter. Now bake them too at 200 degree C for 10 minutes in pre heated oven.
2. Take fresh coconut and slice them for garnishing.
Making sweet cups
Take your prepared cups and fill it with the stuffing. Top it with your thin crispy biscuit and slices off coconut.
Your special sweet cups are ready.
|1. Sieving whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt is a must. In this recipe, i used patanjali bran wheat flour and rock salt.|
|2. The mould i ued is a silicon one. You can substitute silicon cupcake moulds with metal one. My cup cake mould is standard sized. If your mould is larger or smaller, then quantity would also be less or more. By smaller moulds, you may be able to make 8 sweet cups while with the larger one, you may end up getting merely 4 cups.|
|3. Decoration of sweet cups using small biscuits or coconut slices is optional. You may decorate the cups by your own choices.|
|4. Pre heating oven is essential. DO NOT SKIP.|
|5. You can use dried or watery coconut. I used watery coconut in this recipe. Do not go for commercial desiccated coconuts.|
|6. You can use khoya/mawa in place of condensed milk. In this recipe, i used home made condensed milk.|
|7. If you do not wish to use jaggery, you can substitute it with brown sugar.|