Table of content
People are fan of samosa. Everyone loves eating samosas at various occasions whether it is ceremonies or daily evening snack. And most of the people know samosa recipe. But as all of us know that traditionally it is prepared using refined flour and then is deep fried in refined oil, which is dangerous to our health. There is a infinite list of the reasons why you should never eat street samosas which contain refined flour and are absorbed with refined oil. That is why, i have prepared a very healthy yet very tasty samosa recipe which requires ingredients available in your kitchen.
Dough for samosa
- 1+¼ cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp tap rock salt
- ¼ cup Olive oil/butter/ghee
- ½ Cup + 1 tbsp warm water
Steps for samosa dough
- In a bowl take whole wheat flour. Add salt and butter to it. Mix well.
- Start adding small amount of warm water and knead a stiff dough.
- Allow it to rest.
- Keep the dough aside.
- 5 boiled potatoes medium sized
- 1 + ½ tsp rock salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin seed powder
- ½ tsp blend of ground spices (garam masala)
- ginger and green chillies chopped
Steps for filling
- In a pressure cooker boil potatoes up to 7 whistles. Peel them once cooled down.
- In the same cooker, heat mustard oil. Add finely chopped ginger and green chilies.
- Add, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and garam masala to the cooker and cook everything for a couple of minutes.
- Mix boiled potatoes and mash them roughly (not finely). Add salth and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow this mixture to cool down completely.
Steps for samosa recipe
- For making samosas, divide the dough into six small portions.
- Take one portion and roll it into a sheet. Sheet should be oval shaped.
- Divide the sheet into half.
- Take one divided sheet, and apply water to its edges. Make a cone by sticking the edges.
- Stuff the potato filling and seal the samosa.
- Prepare all the samosas using the same method.
- Arrange all the samosas in a baking tray and brush some oil all over them.
- Place the samosas in the preheated oven for baking for 15 minutes.
- Check how much they are done and again bake for 15-20 minutes.
- All over it takes 40 minutes for samosas to get baked. Keep checking them.
- For even baking, turn on the upper rod of the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Once baked, serve the samosas with tomato chutney or ketchup.