Table of content
White sauce is used in making lasagna, white sauce pasta, pizza and many more such recipes. Making this sauce is really easy and requires just 4 ingredients. This 4 ingredient white sauce recipe is healthy as well as tastier like any other white sauce that you find in cafes and restaurant. Traditionally, this sauce is prepared using all purpose flour/ refined flour/ maida. But i have made it sauce at home with whole wheat flour. Honestly, i used this sauce for making white sauce pasta and pizza and it tastes exactly same as restaurant’s ones.
Why is Maida mixed with butter before adding milk during white sauce preparation for pasta?
Basically, butter and flour are mixed well firstly so that there are no lumps and they are creamy. Then milk is added gradually in small batches so that lumps do not form. If you will add everything together then you will not find what you exactly expect yoursauce to be. Not only this sauce, but outcome f any recipe depends on chronology of ingredients added. Also. when you add milk in batches, it gets thicker and thicker which results in perfect sauce.
Is it safe if we make white sauce pasta with garlic and milk together?
There is a process of adding every ingredients while making white sauce. Firstly butter and flour are combined and then milk is added in small batches so that lumps are not formed. After adding milk, in the last stage salt should be added. Avoid adding garlic and milk together. Rather roast chopped garlic in little bit of oil and then add this after turning off the flame. Avoid adding garlic to the whole sauce if you thinking to preserve it for later.
- 1 tsp Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Butter
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp rock salt
Preparation of white sauce at home
- In a pan, ad 1 tsp butter and let it melt.
- Add 1 tsp wheat flour to it and whisk them. Use a hand whisker that will prevent from any lump formation.
- From this step, your hands cannot take rest. You need to whisk continuously. After a couple of minute, add 1 tbsp of milk and keep stirring it using whisker. Once it is combined and there is no lump add 2 tbsp milk again. This way keep adding milk in small batches to avoid any lumps.
- Stop adding milk once it arrives at liquid consistency. If you find that it is still thick, add in more milk.
- Allow the sauce to boil for 3-5 minutes at medium flame. Keep stirring slowly now. Once it gets thicken, add rock salt. Mix it well and turn off the flame.
|1. You can also add some crushed black pepper, oregano and chilli flakes with salt, to use this sauce as a substitute of cheese in pizza. This can also be used in white sauce pasta and lasagna.|
|2. Using hand whisker is necessary to avoid any lump formation.|
|3. You can also add some brown sugar to balance the taste if you wish.|
|4. Only butter is recommended and no other oil for making this sauce.|
|5. Shelf life of white sauce is 4-5 days in the refrigerator. It can be stored for a few months in freezer. Do not leave this sauce at room temperature for long.|